Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Gospel is worth it

25/1/12 Acts 26:19-32

S: Acts 26:28-29 Agrippa interrupted him. “Do you think you can persuade me to become a Christian so quickly?” Paul replied, “Whether quickly or not, I pray to God that both you and everyone here in this audience might become the same as I am, except for these chains.”

O: Agrippa was a king, while Paul was a prisoner. Yet, Paul took the opportunity of his legal defence to share the Gospel. Indeed, Paul was ultimately in a better position than King Agrippa & Queen Bernice, and Governor Festus, because he had eternal life.

A: Paul recognised that even though he was in chains, he was in a much better position ultimately because he was in Christ. So he boldly took the opportunity to share the Gospel with King Agrippa and the other VIPs.

P: Father, help us to keep things in Your perspective, like Paul did. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment