Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Believers make mistakes

7/1/11 Genesis 18-19; Psalm 3; Luke 7

S: Genesis 19:6-8 So Lot stepped outside to talk to them, shutting the door behind him. “Please, my brothers,” he begged, “don’t do such a wicked thing. Look, I have two virgin daughters. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do with them as you wish. But please, leave these men alone, for they are my guests and are under my protection.”

O: By our modern standards, we would be horrified at a father offering his two virgin daughters to be raped to protect his guests. But Lot was a product of his culture. God did not judge Lot for this, although Lot's mistakes perhaps contributed to his daughters later committing incest with him and birthing the Ammonites and the Moabites who later become enemies of the Israelites.

As I had pointed out in We're responsible for what we know, God doesn't condemn a believer for doing wrong stuff that they don't know is wrong, though there are consequences to their unknowing sins.

A: There's much that we already know about right and wrong by God's standards, so we should follow that first.

P: Father, thank You for Your mercy, and lead us in the way everlasting. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment