Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, October 7, 2024

Expectations

S: John 5
O:The paralysed man expected God to work in a certain way if he was going to be healed - that he would need to be the first to get into the pool of Bethesda when the water was troubled. But then he encountered Jesus and had his mind changed.

The religious leaders expected the Messiah to follow their interpretation of the Law of Moses, so when Jesus healed the paralysed man on the Sabbath, they were so hung up on that, that they ignored the miracle that happened and persecuted Jesus instead.

A:I need to beware that I'm not so set in my interpretation of scripture that I'm not willing to consider when perhaps my interpretation is wrong. This needs to be balanced with not being blown by every wind of doctrine.
P:Father, lead me and guide me by the Holy Spirit so that I will have the wisdom to consider if the doctrine I'm holding on to is correct or not. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment