Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Repent before it's too late

Isaiah 3-6

Jerusalem and Judah had stopped following YHWH so He was removing His protection from them. Disaster will befall them. But there will come a time when God will cleanse them.

God likened Israel to a vineyard that He looked after and expected to produce good grapes, but instead it produced bad ones. So He would remove its protection.

He points out the injustice that they do, and the punishment that it brings.

Isaiah saw a vision of the Lord (called Adonai here, not YHWH) and seraphim - i.e. "burning ones" - serpentine creatures with wings. God is so glorious and holy, Isaiah was dismayed by his own sin.

Yet God called him in spite of his sin and asked him to go - and so one of the seraphim touched a hot coal to his lips and his sins were forgiven.

God calls the people to repent, but the were pigheaded in not repenting, so He used sarcastic language to describe their unrepentance. 

The lesson I take from this is that I need to keep short accounts with God. When I sin, I need to repent quickly and not allow it to build up and build up until it's too late.


No comments:

Post a Comment