Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Sunday, August 9, 2020

A New Hope

The sons of Eliab: Nemuel, Dathan, and Abiram. These are the Dathan and Abiram, chosen from the congregation, who contended against Moses and Aaron in the company of Korah, when they contended against the Lord  and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up together with Korah, when that company died, when the fire devoured 250 men, and they became a warning. But the sons of Korah did not die.

Numbers 26:9‭-‬11

In the middle of a census, we suddenly have this note.

Such a sad chapter in the history of this family, but then we hit the last line “But the sons of Korah did not die.”

In spite of Korah himself going down in history in such a negative  manner, the “sons of Korah” are listed as composers of 11 of the Psalms.

They didn't allow the sin of their father to stop them from serving YHWH. 

In a similar way, I must not let the sinful patterns of the past keep me from God. In repent of my sins and get up again to follow Him.

Thank you, YHWH, for You are the God of second chances and new beginnings!

In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment