Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Thursday, August 9, 2018

A Puzzling Parable

Luke 16:1-11 is probably one of the more puzzling parables because we focus on "Why is the master commending the crooked manager?"

However, the master in this story isn't really God, and Jesus tells us that the application is "Make friends for yourselves using ungodly Mammon, so that when it runs out you will be welcomed into the eternal homes."

Then he goes on to say "The one who is faithful in little is also faithful in much", etc. and points out we can't serve both God and Mammon.

So the focus here is, don't idolize wealth. Instead, serve God, and use our wealth to draw people to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment