Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Praying for politicians you disagree with

20/4/15

S: 1 Timothy 2:1-4 First of all, then, I urge that requests, prayers, intercessions, and thanks be offered on behalf of all people, even for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. Such prayer for all is good and welcomed before God our Savior, since he wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

O: I must admit that I seldom pray for Najib and the rest of the Barisan Nasional politicians. Some of this is due to the busyness of life, but some of it is due to my animosity towards their policies which I believe are corrupt and undemocractic. But Paul was living under Roman oppression when he wrote these words... disagreeing with the government isn't a valid excuse.

A: I need to pray regularly on behalf of all people, even for politicians I disagree with in positions of authority. For God so loved the world ― the whole world ― that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16)


P: Father, just like Jonah needed to see Your heart for people that he disliked, I need to see Your heart as well. Change my heart, O God. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment