Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Why Jesus came

20/12/14

S: John 11:21-27 Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if only you had been here, my brother would not have died. But even now I know that God will give you whatever you ask.”

Jesus told her, “Your brother will rise again.”

“Yes,” Martha said, “he will rise when everyone else rises, at the last day.”

Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?”

“Yes, Lord,” she told him. “I have always believed you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one who has come into the world from God.”

O: As we come close to Christmas, people are focused on the baby Jesus. But the reason we celebrate the birth of Jesus was because of what He came to do: die to pay for our sins, and in doing so, conquer death. That is why He is the resurrection and the life, so that everyone who believes in Him will live, even if he dies.

A: So even as we celebrate Advent, let us remember why He came. Let us live in light of that wonderful fact:

Nails, spear shall pierce Him through,
The cross be borne for me, for you.
Hail, hail the Word made flesh,
The Babe, the Son of Mary.

P: Father, thank You for the Greatest Gift! May we live our lives in appreciation, sharing Your love with the world. In Jesus' name, amen.


Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment