Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

When it seems like the wicked prosper

26/7/14

S: Psalm 73

O: Asaph observed something which we often see: the wicked seems to be prospering and getting away with their evil deeds. He said, "I almost lost my footing. My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone. For I envied the proud when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness."

But after bemoaning this for 14 verses, he said, "Then I went into your sanctuary, O God, and I finally understood the destiny of the wicked."

A: In recent times, we've seen some terrible things happen around the world. Ukraine. Russia. Israel. Gaza. Burma. MH370. MH17. Hamas. And this morning, Betong, Southern Thailand.

Yet, as Asaph points out, ultimately, we are accountable to God. Continue to do good, in spite of all that. Go into His sanctuary and remind ourselves of what is ultimately true.

P: Father, I pray for the suffering people of Ukraine/Russia, Gaza/Israel, and Burma, and many other places in the world. I pray that in spite of wickedness in the world, I will stay true to You, and continue to encourage others to follow You. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment