Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

For such a time as this

8/3/14

Esther 4:14 If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?

O: Esther is actually a very entertaining and dramatic book. No wonder Hollywood made it into a movie. The Greek Septuagint version is even more dramatic than the Masoretic Text version found in most modern Bibles.

For example, Chapter 6 is dripping with irony -- Haman was all ready to ask the king to execute Mordecai, and ends up having to honour Mordecai!

And Chapter 5 (or Section D) in the Septuagint is even more dramatic -- my wife says it's almost Barbara Cartland-like.

A: However, hidden in this entertaining and dramatic story is an important moral lesson: God calls us to act rightly in difficult circumstances. If we do not, He can raise up someone else, but if we do, we will reap the blessing.

P: Father, when if I am called to be brave and do the right thing, give me the courage to follow You. In Jesus' name, amen.
Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment