Daddy blog

I started this blog when I was following the Life Journal Bible reading plan on YouVersion. (I've since completed that plan.) At that time, YouVersion didn't provide any way for people to respond to my notes, other than to "like" them. So this blog is here to remedy that problem. You may comment on my notes here in the comment section.
I also have a general blog.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Get your priorities right

1/12/12

S: John 12:23-26 Jesus replied, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to receive glory. What I'm about to tell you is true. Unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only one seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. Anyone who loves his life will lose it. But anyone who hates his life in this world will keep it and have eternal life. Anyone who serves me must follow me. And where I am, my servant will also be. My Father will honour the one who serves me."

O: Jesus used hyperbole many times, in order to make an emphasis. So, he might not be telling us to hate our life, but we must prioritise correctly -- if we are caught up in "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" in this world, then we may find ourself losing the true purpose of life instead.

In the Parable of the Sower (Mark 4:1-20,Matthew 13:1-23,Luke 8:1-15), Jesus pointed out that some people receive the Word of God at first but the cares of this world choke out their faith like undesirable weeds choke out a desirable plant.

A: Therefore, we need to get our priorities right. I personally struggle with this as well. My wife has been a good person to remind me that I need to put my time with God first. There's nothing wrong with doing my job, reading my science fiction, doing my exercises, etc. but if I'm doing that in neglect of what God wants of me, then it becomes bad.

P: Father, thank You for Juliane who reminds me to spend time with You. In Jesus' name, amen.

Note: this is using the SOAP method. For more information, see this page (not written by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment